I have a feeling that if you're reading this you either geek out on systems like I do or you really need systems in your life. I wanted to share with you a new system I created just yesterday for processing - and putting to use my Kindle highlights.
I read a lot - both business books and fiction - and I am inspired by so much. After completing the Building A Second Brain course, I knew I needed to create a system that would actually help me do something with all this inspiring content.
So here's my system (simple version):
- Highlight important parts of the text using Kindle (try the Highlighted app for print books)
- Export your Kindle highlights (trialing Klib for this purpose but you could just email them to yourself)
- Paste your Kindle highlights into a doc (I am using Craft Docs)
- Follow this process to progressively summarize what you've read, keeping in mind your future self.
- Take the last level of summarization that you complete and use that to inspire your own content, offers, anything!
Note: this whole process took me less than 15 minutes.
Want to take a peek at my progressively summarized note? Click here
Would you try a technique like this? What do you do with the knowledge you gain from reading?