Back at it
The last time I wrote this newsletter about a month ago I had recently embarked upon a social media diet and major reflection on how I spend my time. I'm happy to share that I've been able to continue the habit. Things that have helped greatly:
- Reflecting on how little time I really have in this world and with my family and deciding how I'd like to spend it
- Taking inventory of how I was spending my time
- Removing whatever wasn't a good fit for my values or goals
- Removing social media apps (the browser versions are so awful that you won't want to use them). After a few days like this, the apps will lose their hold in your brain.
- Subscribing to quality newsletters
- Curating a list of books I'd like to read this year (I've read 4 books so far)
- Signing up for Freedom.to (more below)
- Using the methods I learned in the Building A Second Brain Program to free up space in my brain for innovation
I'm curious - do you consider yourself to be innovative? If not, what do you feel is standing in the way of being more innovative? Hit reply and let me know.
All-In-One ClickUp Setup - New Leaf Digital
I'd love to share my new signature offer with you. It's been an incredibly rewarding experience to help several amazing clients through this process and to see their growth! I only have 3 spots for this each month so if you're interested, please let me know ASAP. Know someone else who may be? Forward this to a friend.
Even if you believe it's impossible to manage it all in one place... Get the efficient All-In-One ClickUp setup you need to scale and manage your unique business. Stop keeping track of everything in your head and free up space for more freedom and innovation and less fires.
Create a Whiteboard | ClickUp Tutorials & Docs
ClickUp's Whiteboard view is improving by the week! Whiteboard connectors are now out in beta. You can use connectors to create visual relationships between objects like stick notes, tasks, images, etc. You can choose the size and color of connectors, add arrows, and pick different types of lines.
My Favorite Things
The Extended Mind: The Power of Thinking Outside the Brain - Kindle edition by Paul, Annie Murphy. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
A powerful book on how we can make use of the various forms of intelligence that exist outside of our brains - in our bodies, our hands, our technology, our surroundings, our relationships. A slower and more academic type read, it's still worth the read if you're interested in thinking, are a teacher or a subject matter expert, or just want to improve how you think and communicate in this world. affiliate link
Freedom - Block Websites, Apps, and the Internet
I use this app to block websites and apps on my phone and create focus times. It's not easy to bypass like Screentime on an iPhone so it works well for me. I signed up for premium and it's worth it! (not an affiliate link)